Bardel is currently recruiting experienced Lighting/Comp Artists to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. Working with one of our prominent clients such as DreamWorks, Nickelodeon, Rovio Entertainment, Mattel, and Warner Bros, the artist will be responsible for creating lighting/comp sequences that meet Bardel’s standard of aesthetic, creative and technical quality in conjunction with the show’s established style.
What you will be doing:
- Lighting assigned quota of production shots while taking creative direction from Lighting Lead & CG Supervisor
- Multitasking, completing tasks within production schedules and deadlines in an organized manner
- Collaborating with other team members and actively participating in production meetings
- Supporting less experienced artists, providing them with guidance and instruction
- Assisting supervisor in developing tools, scripts, plug-ins, and proactively problem-solving technical issues
- Exercising creative continuity by staying up-to-date in lighting and compositing techniques through industry research and training
What you bring to the table:
- 3-5 Years of prior TV/animation studio production experience a must
- Prior experience with Maya and 3D compositing in Nuke a requirement
- Advanced technical computer animation knowledge such as lighting rigs, rendering, dynamics, and other related scripting and tool aspects
- Solid technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative approach to working with others
- High degree of self-direction and strong work ethic
Nice to haves:
- Background in traditional animation, visual arts and life drawing, with expertise in rendering hand-drawn effects and concept art
- Experience with R&D requirements gathering and writing for production documentation and/or creating templates- technical and pipelines, art bibles, style guides, naming conventions
- On-set lighting production or editing suite experience
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people, and for good reasons! Bardel offers work on exciting high-profile projects, a generous compensation/benefits package, and a fantastic company culture fueled by career development and artistic skill enhancement. Every day you will collaborate with other influential, career-minded, creative professionals from around the world.
What we want to see in your application:
- Why YOU are the right fit for this position
- A demo link to your most current work, including a reel breakdown. This is a chance to show off your best work!
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for our current opening(s).
Apply Now At: